A 59-year-old man has reportedly confessed to malicious damage caused to the parking lot of the Paphos District Court, damage reported on Monday by a court official. The 59-year-old's vehicle was parked in the area, and when he was asked to move it immediately, he said it was impossible. After being charged in writing, the 59-year-old was released to be summoned at a later date.
According to the Press Representative of the Paphos ADE and Head of the Paphos TAE, Michalis Nikolaou, an arrest warrant had been issued against the 59-year-old and he was wanted, however he presented himself at the central Paphos police station.
As he said, on January 30 it was reported by an official of the Paphos District Court that malicious damage had been caused to the mechanism of the metal entrance to the parking lot of the Court.
According to her, last Saturday, January 28, she opened the entrances as there were some court proceedings related to confiscations. When she left, it was found that there was a car in the parking lot, which is registered to a 59-year-old and which seems to have been parked in the interim.
Subsequently, the clerk of the Paphos Court contacted the Police, the owner was located by phone car and was called to go and move it immediately, as the doors would be closed and his car would remain trapped there until Monday.
The 59-year-old – according to the Police – allegedly refused to obey saying that he was away and it was impossible for him to move the vehicle. Then, it is added, the operator locked the entrances to the parking lot of the Paphos District Court and left.
On Monday morning, damage was detected at the entrance to the parking lot of the Court, the Police concludes.