Yesterday, the Police proceeded with the arrest of three persons with court warrants, to facilitate the investigations regarding an investigated case of locating explosive materials and an offensive device inside a vehicle, in the province of Famagusta. These are three 18-year-olds, residents of the province of Famagusta, whose arrest brings the total number of arrests for this case to five, after two other persons aged 18 and 19 were arrested in the previous days.
The investigation of the case by the Police began on the evening of January 1, 2023. Around 10 p.m. members of the Police spotted a car without registration plates driving on a road in the province of Famagusta, in which were four unknown people, who had their faces covered with hoods. The officers signaled the driver to stop for a check, but he sped off, trying to escape. The members of the Police followed the suspicious car, which stopped in a rural area, while its occupants managed to escape by running.
From the investigation that followed, three fireworks, three Molotov-type bombs, a collapsible bat, six factory firecrackers and four smoke detectors were found inside the vehicle.
Further examinations by the Famagusta Police Department secured testimony against five persons. Court warrants were issued against them, according to which, the two were arrested on January 17 and 19 respectively and the other three on January 20 and were taken into custody to facilitate investigations.
The TAE of Famagusta is investigating the case.
- The political agreement to split the Legal Service and the will for change
- The threat on the left and the activation of survival instincts of AKEL
- In the eye of the cyclone the Min. Education due to leaks-The open fronts are increasing
- Telegraph of pharmacists-Either consultation for compensations, or they go to measures
- Silence for delivery of Emilianidis' opinion – Topic of the day private criminal prosecution