Changes are coming from March 1 for the epidemiological map of the countries but also for the prerequisites for entering the country from the airports.
Specifically, with today's decision, the Council of Ministers approved the new Action Plan for the smooth conduct of flights and the operation of the Airports. The Action Plan was submitted to the Council of Ministers by the Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works, following a decision of the Interministerial Committee set up to evaluate the measures in force in relation to the epidemiological data of the period.
It is noted that the existing measures applied at Larnaca and Paphos Airports will remain in force until February 28, 2022.
The new Action Plan will be implemented on March 1, 2022 and outlines the following amendments:
1. From 1 March, the categorization of countries based on their epidemiological risk is differentiated and will include three categories with the following color code: Green, Red and Gray Category.
2. Vaccinated or recovering passengers, regardless of nationality and country of departure, are exempted from the obligation to produce a negative laboratory test result, self-restraint or quarantine and to issue a special permit. It is understood that these individuals must hold a valid vaccination or recovery certificate. In relation to the certificates of recovery, European or equivalent equivalents from other countries related to the European Digital Certificate are accepted.
3. For travel purposes, passengers aged 18 and over must also have received the 3rd dose booster dose in case of a dual dose vaccine or the 2nd dose in case of a single dose dose vaccine.
4. For travel purposes, vaccination certificates for passengers 18 years of age and older who have received two doses of a single-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine shall be accepted only if a period of 9 months has not elapsed from the date of the 2nd dose. vaccine or single dose in the case of a single-dose vaccine, respectively.
5. For travel purposes, passengers aged 18 and under shall be deemed to have completed their vaccination schedule if they have received the 2nd dose in the case of a dual-dose vaccine or the single dose in the case of a single-dose vaccine.
6. Passengers who have not been vaccinated or who do not hold a valid vaccination or recovery certificate, regardless of nationality, will be able to enter the Republic of Cyprus from any country of departure only if they meet the conditions of the respective category to which the country of travel is registered. (eg submission of a negative laboratory test result, self-restriction / quarantine, issuance of a special permit, etc.).