Double sweetness! Recipe by chef Theodoros Eleftheriou
- 9 egg yolks
- 160 gr. sugar
- 1000 g. cream
- 300 g. dark chocolate, in pieces, (2-3 cm.)
- 100 g. raw cane sugar (demerara), for coating
- large bowl
- Put 9 yolks in the bucket eggs,
- 160 g. sugar,
- 1000 g. cream and heat, without the measuring cup, 32 minutes/80°C/speed 3.
- Add 300 g. dark chocolate in pieces (2-3 cm) and mix 2 min/speed 2.
- Transfer to a large bowl (see tip) and set aside to cool.
- Then, refrigerate until set (about 5 hours).
When serving, pour over the cold cream the cane sugar and caramelize the surface with a torch. Serve immediately.
You can divide the cream into 12 individual bowls before putting it in the fridge.