The Ministry of Health announces that today, August 26, 2021:
- Five people died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 491.
- 178 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 72 are in serious condition. 86.52% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- Fifteen post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases) continue to be hospitalized in intubated condition due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
- A total of 45,382 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 254 (positivity rate: 0.56%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 112,532 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The five people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- A 71-year-old man who ended up on August 25 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A 65-year-old man, who ended up on August 25 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A 47-year-old man who ended up on August 25 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- An 84-year-old man who ended up on August 25 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A 57-year-old woman who ended up today, August 25, in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 491, of which:
- 317 men (64%), and
- 174 women (36%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 77 years.
In total, 178 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 72 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 72 patients in serious condition, 31 are intubated, seven are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 34 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Unit||8|
|Intensive Care Unit||16|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||7|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 45,382 diagnoses made today, 5,367 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 40,015 by the antigen rapid test method, 254 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 6 cases from 3,031 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 49 cases from 2,148 samples taken through private initiative.
- 11 cases from 179 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 115 cases from 25,640 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 73 cases from 14,375 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following tests were performed, without detecting a case:
- 9 samples taken during the control of closed structures.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
|Tourists – Check PASYXE||50||0|
|Passenger sampling at airports||72||0|
RUN and POWER Group: Enhanced Living Experience.