Two hundred and forty-four new cases of COVID-19 disease were recorded today, according to an announcement by the Ministry of Health, with 200 patients being treated, of which 57 are in serious condition. No COVID-19 patient death was reported.
The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 15, 2021:
- No deaths of COVID-19 patients have been reported to date, leaving a total of 166 deaths.
- 200 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 57 are in serious condition.
- A total of 11,163 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 244 (positivity rate: 2.19%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 28,609.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported today. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease remains 166, of which:
- 110 men (66%), and
- 56 women (34%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 200 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 57 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 57 patients who are critical, 30 are intubated, six are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 21 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (60 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||6|
|Intensive Care Unit||36 (6 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||7|
|Intensive Care Unit||8|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 ( PCR test and rapid antigen test ) :
Of the 11,163 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,330 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 8,833 by the antigen rapid test, 244 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 49 cases from 314 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 3 cases of 233 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 2 cases of 119 samples taken as part of a re-examination carried out on the 7th day after the arrival of persons who have returned from the United Kingdom and are in a mandatory restriction in hotels in the Republic.
- 43 cases from 1,287 samples taken through private initiative.
- 8 cases from 346 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 139 cases from 8,833 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 31 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Positiveness rate:||3.39 %|
|Larnaca||Central area – Point A.||276||7|
|Central area – Point B.||210||0|
|Positiveness rate:||1.98 %|
|Positiveness rate:||1.72 %|
|Paphos||Central area – Point A.||283||7|
|Central area – Point B.||269||9|
|Positiveness rate:||2.90 %|
|Positiveness rate:||3.23 %|
|Retirement Homes / Roofs||Nicosia||85||0|
|National Guard||National Guard camps throughout Cyprus||54||0|
|Public and Wider Public Sector||Departments and Services of Public and Wider Public Sector, Local Government||1,377||1|
|Health professionals||Health Professionals in public and private hospitals||324||3|
|Industries / Crafts / Private Companies||Pancyprian||1,240||0|