The Ministry of Health announced today three deaths from coronavirus and 81 new cases of the disease, with 86 patients, 23 of whom are in serious condition.
The Ministry of Health announces that today, February 16, 2021:
- Three people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 225.
- 86 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 23 are in serious condition.
- A total of 26,270 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 81 (positivity rate: 0.31%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 32,707 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The three people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- Woman, 89 years old, with underlying diseases, who ended up in the General Hospital of Nicosia.
- A 74-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A 94-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up at the Limassol General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 225, of which:
- 151 men (67%), and
- 74 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 86 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 23 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 23 patients who are critical, 10 are intubated, five are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and eight to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (27 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||15 (5 out of a respirator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||1|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 26,270 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 1,618 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 24,652 by the antigen rapid test, 81 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 22 cases from 169 samples obtained through the process of tracking close contact (primary contacts) cases.
- 2 cases from 69 samples obtained through the process of tracking secondary case contacts.
- 8 cases from 702 samples taken through private initiative.
- 6 cases from 266 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1 case of 258 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 3 cases from 283 samples tested by the method of antigen rapid test in private clinical laboratories.
- 39 cases out of 24,369 samples examined by the antigen rapid test method through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 154 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
|Industrial Workers' Area||400||0|
|Kokkinotrimithia Industrial Area||301||1|
|Aradippou Industrial Area||111||0|