The Ministry of Health announces that today, June 24, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 have been reported to date, leaving a total of 378 deaths.
- 47 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 19 are in serious condition.
- A total of 34,427 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 175 (positivity rate: 0.51%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 74,174 .
The following are the current results in detail:
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 remains 378, of which:
- 254 men (67%), and
- 124 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 77 years.
In total, 47 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 19 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 19 patients in serious condition, 10 are intubated, one is admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and eight to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||11 (1 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 34,427 diagnoses made today, 5,874 were made by molecular method (PCR) and 28,553 by antigen rapid test, 175 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 19 cases from 255 samples received through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 8 cases from 3,423 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 17 cases from 1,859 samples taken through private initiative.
- 4 cases from 184 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 9 cases from 423 samples tested by the method of antigen rapid test in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 118 cases from 28,130 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 153 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) were performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
|Agios Athanasios Industrial Area||485||0|
|Mesogi Industrial Area||315||0|
New appeal of Min. Health for young people for vaccination: We have enough vaccines to boost the immune wall
Dr. Tsioutis at politis.com.cy: Cyprus at the beginning of a new pandemic outbreak
Samples sent to ECDC show increasing presence of Indian mutation in Cyprus