The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 30, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death from COVID-19 have been reported to date, leaving a total of 197 deaths.
- 140 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 50 are in serious condition.
- A total of 22,674 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 113 (positivity rate: 0.5%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 30,770 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported today. Therefore, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease remains 197, of which:
- 132 men (67%), and
- 65 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 80 years.
In total, 140 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 50 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 50 patients who are critical, 28 are intubated, seven are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 15 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (38 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Unit||35 (7 outside respirator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 22,674 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,241 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 20,433 by the antigen rapid test, 113 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 32 cases from 240 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 14 cases from 1,112 samples taken through private initiative.
- 1 case of 69 samples taken as part of a re-examination carried out on the 7th day after the arrival of persons who have returned from the United Kingdom and are in a mandatory restriction in hotels in the Republic.
- 6 cases from 228 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 60 cases from 20,433 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 409 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 183 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Positiveness rate:||0.73 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.2 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.11 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.05 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.50 %|
The points for free Rapid test for Sunday 31 January
Covid-19: Cyprus is one of the few countries to de-escalate (table)
Pregnant women can get the Covid-19 vaccine, says the WHO
Fine of € 500 to a veterinary clinic for violation of measures against Covid-19