The Ministry of Health announces that today, February 27, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 have been reported to date, leaving a total of 231 deaths.
- 78 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, 20 of whom are in serious condition.
- A total of 40,747 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 243 (positivity rate: 0.60%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 34,424 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients have been reported to date. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease remains 231, of which:
- 154 men (67%), and
- 77 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 78 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 20 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 20 patients who are critical, 10 are intubated, two are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and eight to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (21 patients)||COVID chamber||17|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||12 (2 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 40,747 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,587 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 38,160 by the antigen rapid test method, 243 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 38 cases from 351 samples obtained through the process of tracking close contact (primary contacts) cases.
- 2 cases of 319 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 26 cases from 1,354 samples taken through private initiative.
- 2 cases from 178 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1 case of 248 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 1 case from 268 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories.
- 173 cases from 37,892 samples examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 61 samples taken through the process of tracking secondary case contacts.
- 76 samples taken as part of a re-inspection carried out on the 7th day after the arrival of persons returning from the United Kingdom and being compulsorily confined to hotels in the Republic.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
Tips for Free Rapid Test – Sunday 28 February 2021
This is the new categorization of countries – Greece in red
Covid19: They will close us before ανοί open – Road race for Limassol and vaccines