The Ministry of Health announces that today, November 4, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 were recorded, and therefore the total number of deaths remains at 575.
- 73 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 27 are in serious condition. 67.13% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 1 post-COVID patient who has ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continues to be hospitalized in intubated condition due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
- A total of 55,507 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 252 (positivity rate: 0.45%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 125,413 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported. Therefore, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease remains 575, of which:
- 367 men (64%), and
- 208 women (36%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.1 years.
In total, 73 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 27 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 27 patients in serious condition, six are intubated, three are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 18 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||7|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||3|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 55,507 diagnoses made, 4,062 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 51,445 by the antigen rapid test method, 252 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 49 cases out of 500 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 8 cases from 1,825 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 36 cases from 1,417 samples taken through private initiative.
- 4 cases from 201 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 103 cases from 30,131 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 52 cases from 21,314 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following tests were performed, without detecting a case:
- 119 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
|Passenger sampling at airports||173||0|