The Ministry of Health announces that today, June 6, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 have been reported to date, leaving a total of 363 deaths.
- 50 COVID-19 patients are being treated, 17 of whom are in serious condition.
- A total of 46,276 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 29 (positivity rate: 0.06%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 72,779 .
The following are the current results in detail:
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease remains 363, of which:
- 241 men (66%), and
- 122 women (34%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 78 years.
In total, 50 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 17 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 17 patients in serious condition, 12 are intubated, one is admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and four to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||1|
|Intensive Care Unit||13 (1 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||1|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 46,276 diagnoses made today, 5,363 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 40,913 by the antigen rapid test, 29 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 5 cases of 4,052 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 3 cases from 976 samples taken through private initiative.
- 21 cases from 40,787 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following tests were performed, without detecting a case:
14 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 53 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 104 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 164 samples taken from the inhabitants of Kato Pyrgos Tillirias.
- 126 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) were performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|