The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 13, 2022 :
- 3 people died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 672.
- 259 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 87 are in serious condition. 74.91% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 18 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be treated intubated in a serious condition due to COVID in an Intensive Care Unit.
- A total of 122,016 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 3,103 (positivity rate: 2.54%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 218,374.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The 3 people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 disease, relate to:
– An 86-year-old man who died on January 13 at the Limassol General Hospital.
– An 89-year-old man who died on January 13 at Larnaca General Hospital.
– An 86-year-old man who died on January 12 at the Famagusta General Hospital.
Thus, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease is 672, of which:
- 422 men (62.8%), and
- 250 women (37.2%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76 years.
In total, 259 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 87 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 87 patients who are in serious condition, 29 are intubated, 4 are hospitalized in an intravenous intensive care unit and 54 in an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||12|
|Intensive Care Unit||8|
|Intensive Care Unit||18|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
|Intensive Care Unit||10|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||4|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 122,016 diagnoses made, 6,671 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 115,345 by the antigen rapid test, 3103 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 51 cases from 2,495 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 426 cases from 3,754 samples taken through private initiative.
- 15 cases from 422 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1,655 cases from 56,424 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 956 cases from 58,921 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
The figures mentioned in the announcement are indicative and may vary based on the final and up-to-date data sent in the context of the National Epidemiological Risk Report published every second Friday.