The Ministry of Health announces that today, March 3, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with the ultimate cause of death, COVID-19, have been reported to date, leaving a total of 232 deaths.
- 89 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 22 are in serious condition.
- A total of 33,194 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 323 (positivity rate: 0.97%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 35,620 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients have been reported to date. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease remains 232, of which:
- 155 men (67%), and
- 77 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 89 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 22 are in serious condition or with MAF conditions.
Of the 22 patients who are critical, nine are intubated, four are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and nine to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||13 (4 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 33,194 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,929 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 30,265 by the antigen rapid test, 323 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 95 cases from 751 samples taken through the process of tracking close contact (primary contacts) cases.
- 27 cases from 1,253 samples taken through private initiative.
- 1 case of 260 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 10 cases from 370 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 6 cases from 239 samples examined by the method of antigen rapid test in private clinical laboratories.
- 184 cases from 30,026 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 295 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
|Ypsonas Industrial Area||543||2|
|Idali Industrial Area||418||1|
These are the 58 points for free Rapid test for tomorrow Swan Thursday
Dr. Kostrikis: It seems that the system of Rapid tests will collapse – “Test test test they told us” answers the Minister of Health
Auditor General: In his new report, he questions the viability of OKYPY and the motivations of doctors
Limassol raises checks for Swan Thursday – More than 60 police officers on foot
Tomorrow the draw for the recruitment of 260 unemployed to strengthen anti-coronavirus controls