The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 12, 2022 :
- 4 people died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 669.
- 266 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 93 are in serious condition. 76.32% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 16 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in intensive care due to COVID in an Intensive Care Unit.
- A total of 112,233 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 3,197 (positivity rate: 2.85%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test, bringing the total number of cases to 215,271.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The 4 people who died with the ultimate cause of death being attributed to COVID-19 disease, concern:
– A woman, 68 years old, who ended up on January 9 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Limassol General Hospital.
– A woman, 81 years old, who ended up on January 11 at the General Hospital of Paphos.
– An 87-year-old man, who ended up on January 12 at the Limassol General Hospital.
– A 57-year-old man, who ended up on January 12 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
Thus, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease is 669, of which:
- 419 men (62.6%), and
- 250 women (37.4%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 75.9 years.
In total, 266 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 93 are in serious condition or with MAF conditions.
Of the 93 patients who are in serious condition, 28 are intubated, 4 are hospitalized in an intravenous intensive care unit and 61 in an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||13|
|Intensive Care Unit||9|
|Intensive Care Unit||21|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Unit||13|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||4|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 112,233 diagnoses made, 9,558 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 102,675 by the method of antigen rapid test, 3197 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 317 cases from 2,489 samples obtained through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 43 cases from 1,681 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 355 cases from 4,843 samples taken through private initiative.
- 26 cases from 381 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1,352 cases from 56,091 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 1,097 cases from 46,584 samples examined by the antigen rapid test method through the program of the Ministry of Health.
- 7 cases from 164 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Doctors and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
The figures mentioned in the announcement are indicative and may vary based on the final and up-to-date data sent in the context of the National Epidemiological Risk Report published every second Friday.