The Ministry of Health announces that today, May 31, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 have been recorded today, and therefore the total number of deaths remains 360.
- 70 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 31 are in serious condition.
- A total of 47,063 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 50 (positivity rate: 0.11%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 72,457 .
The following are the current results in detail:
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients have been reported to date. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease remains 360, of which:
- 240 men (67%), and
- 120 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 78 years.
In total, 70 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 31 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 31 patients in serious condition, 17 are intubated, five are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and nine to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||22 (5 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 47,063 diagnoses made today, 6,373 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 40,690 by the antigen rapid test, identified 50 cases of COVID-19 disease, which resulted as follows:
- 10 cases from 292 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 2 cases of 3,739 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 8 cases from 1,633 samples taken through private initiative.
- 2 cases from 537 samples examined by the method of antigen rapid test in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 28 cases from 40,153 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following tests were performed without detecting a case:
373 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 334 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 2 samples taken from the inhabitants of Kato Pyrgos Tillirias.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) were performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
|Limassol Industrial Area||425||0|
|Strovolos Industrial Area||273||0|
See the 64 points you can go for a free rapid test on Tuesday, June 1st [catalog]
Kyriakidou: By July we will be able to cover 70% of adults in vaccines
Denmark to reconsider excluding J&J vaccine from vaccination program
Konstantinos Ioannou: 28.3% of citizens were fully vaccinated – 52.3% have been vaccinated with the first dose
Covid19: Travelers who have been fully vaccinated without test and quarantine, Commission proposes