The death of a 52-year-old man from coronavirus and 288 new cases was announced today by the Ministry of Health, with the positivity rate reaching 0.87% and the number of patients reaching 79, of which 22 are in serious condition.
The Ministry of Health announces that today, March 2, 2021:
- One person has died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 232.
- 79 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 22 are in serious condition.
- A total of 32,933 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 288 (positivity rate: 0.87%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 35,297 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
One person who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 is:
- A 52-year-old man, without mentioning underlying diseases in the Medical Certificate of Causes of Death, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the General Hospital of Nicosia.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 232, of which:
- 155 men (67%), and
- 77 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 79 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 22 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 22 patients who are critical, nine are intubated, three are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 10 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (24 patients)||COVID chamber||21|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||12 (3 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 32,933 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,780 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 30,153 by the antigen rapid test, 288 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 61 cases from 515 samples obtained through the process of tracking close contact (primary contacts) cases.
- 24 cases from 1,227 samples taken through private initiative.
- 13 cases from 336 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 9 cases from 688 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories.
- 181 cases from 29,465 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 430 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 272 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
|Industrial Workers' Area||577||8|
|Aradippou Industrial Area||186||0|
These are the points of free rapid test on Wednesday, 03/03/21 – See the table with the sampling units
Relaxation of measures until the Health System endures was decided by Konstantinos Ioannou and epidemiologists