The Ministry of Health announces that today, February 4, 2021:
- Five people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 208.
- 112 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 31 are in serious condition.
- A total of 28,405 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 116 (positivity rate: 0.41%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 31,379 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The five people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- An 81-year-old man with an underlying disease, who ended up in the General Hospital of Nicosia.
- A 73-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- An 86-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A 71-year-old man with an underlying disease, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- Woman, 84 years old, with underlying diseases, who ended up in the General Hospital of Nicosia.
Thus, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 208, of which:
- 140 men (67%), and
- 68 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 112 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 31 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 31 patients who are critical, 19 are intubated, three are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 9 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (31 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||22 (3 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 28,405 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 1,592 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 26,813 by the antigen rapid test, 116 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 26 cases from 276 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 14 cases from 612 samples taken through private initiative.
- 4 cases from 305 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1 case of 109 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 71 cases from 26,813 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 249 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 41 samples taken as part of a re-inspection carried out on the 7th day after the arrival of persons returning from the United Kingdom and being compulsorily confined to hotels in the Republic.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Positiveness rate:||0.61 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.19 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.09 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.13 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.23 %|
|Industrial Areas||Agios Athanasios||141||2|
Parliament / EP. Control: The Civil Aviation said everything about Fr. Anastasiadis and the trip to the Seychelles in 2015 – We do not know, his associates answered
To the investigators tomorrow the major factor of the sport that Andri Eleftheriou complained about, for sexual abuse
Joe Lowe first contacted a British company – Cypriot accounting firm the ombudsman