The Ministry of Health announces that today, February 7, 2022 :
- 4 deaths were reported from COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 749.
- 233 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 63 are in serious condition. 72.42% of the patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 19 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in a severe condition due to COVID in an Intensive Care Unit.
- A total of 139,885 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 3,374 (positivity rate: 2.41%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 274,979.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The 4 deaths announced with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 disease, relate to:
– A man, 40 years old, who ended up on February 6 at the Limassol General Hospital.
– A woman, aged 89, who ended up on February 6 at the General Hospital of Nicosia.
– A 47-year-old woman, who ended up on February 7 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
– A woman, aged 79, who ended up on February 7 at the General Hospital of Nicosia.
Thus, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease is 749, of which:
- 467 men (62.3%), and
- 282 women (37.7%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.3 years.
In total, 233 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 63 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 63 patients who are in serious condition, 29 are intubated, 3 are hospitalized in an intravenous intensive care unit and 31 in an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||8|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Unit||12|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||3|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 139,885 diagnoses performed, 7,470 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 132,415 by the antigen rapid test method, 3374 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 32 cases from 225 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 83 cases from 4,581 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 276 cases from 2,064 samples taken through private initiative.
- 21 cases from 367 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1,940 cases from 67,891 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 1,016 cases from 64,524 samples examined by the antigen rapid test method through the program of the Ministry of Health.
- 6 cases from 233 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
|Test to Stay||7,080||120|
The figures mentioned in the announcement are indicative and may vary based on the final and up-to-date data sent in the context of the National Epidemiological Risk Report published every second Friday.