The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 11, 2022 :
- 4 people died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 665.
- 252 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 76 are in serious condition. 76.2% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 20 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in a severe condition due to COVID in an Intensive Care Unit.
- A total of 105,376 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 3,515 (positivity rate: 3.34%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 212,074.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The 4 people who died with the ultimate cause of death being attributed to COVID-19 disease, concern:
– A 55-year-old man, who ended up on January 11 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
– An 88-year-old man, who ended up on January 10 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
– A woman, aged 53, who ended up on January 10 in the Intensive Care Unit of the General Hospital of Nicosia.
– A woman, aged 84, who ended up on January 10 at the General Hospital of Nicosia.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease is 665, of which:
- 417 men (62.7%), and
- 248 women (37.3%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 75.9 years.
In total, 252 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 76 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 76 patients who are in serious condition, 24 are intubated, 5 are hospitalized in an intravenous intensive care unit and 47 in an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||8|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
|Intensive Care Unit||18|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||12|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||5|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 105,376 diagnoses made, 12,074 were made by molecular method (PCR) and 93,302 by the antigen rapid test method, 3,515 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 266 cases from 2,270 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 51 cases from 2,711 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 705 cases from 6,476 samples taken through private initiative.
- 55 cases from 451 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1,676 cases from 57,087 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 754 cases from 36,215 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
- 8 cases from 166 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Doctors and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|