No deaths of COVID-19 patients were recorded today, while 119 new cases of the disease were identified, according to an announcement by the Ministry of Health, which stated that 145 patients are being treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 51 are in serious condition or MAF conditions.
The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 29, 2021:
- No deaths of COVID-19 patients have been reported to date, leaving a total of 197 deaths.
- 145 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 51 are in serious condition.
- A total of 18,972 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 119 (positivity rate: 0.63%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 30,657.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported today. Therefore, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease remains 197, of which:
- 132 men (67%), and
- 65 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 80 years.
In total, 145 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 51 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 51 patients who are critical, 26 are intubated, nine are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 16 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (39 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Unit||35 (9 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 18,972 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 1,406 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 17,566 by the antigen rapid test method, 119 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 22 cases from 155 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 13 cases from 704 samples taken through private initiative.
- 8 cases from 243 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 2 cases from 2 samples taken under the immigrant structures control program.
- 74 cases from 17,566 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 235 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 67 samples taken under the referral program by Personal Physicians and special teams control through Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Positiveness rate:||0.67 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.32 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.28 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.31 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.39 %|
|Retirement Homes / Roofs||Nicosia||360||2|
|National Guard||National Guard camps throughout Cyprus||393||3|
|Public sector||Departments / Services / Ministries all over Cyprus||236||0|
|Industries / Businesses||Pancyprian||208||1|