The Ministry of Health announces that today, June 7, 2021:
- One person has died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 364.
- 47 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 18 are in serious condition.
- A total of 46,611 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 80 (positivity rate: 0.17%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 72,859 .
The following are the current results in detail:
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
One person who died with the ultimate cause of death being attributed to COVID-19 is:
- A 70-year-old man who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease is 364, of which:
- 242 men (66%), and
- 122 women (34%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 78 years.
In total, 47 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 18 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 18 patients in serious condition, 11 are intubated, one is admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and six to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||1|
|Intensive Care Unit||12 (1 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 46,611 diagnoses made today, 7,271 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 39,340 by the antigen rapid test, 80 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 11 cases from 167 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 5 cases of 4,000 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 21 cases from 2,442 samples taken through private initiative.
- 4 cases from 357 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 8 cases from 1,532 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 31 cases from 37,808 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following tests were performed, without detecting a case:
304 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special teams through the Public Health Clinics.
- 1 sample taken from the inhabitants of Kato Pyrgos Tillirias.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) were performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
|Limassol Industrial Area||363||0|
|Strovolos Industrial Area||236||0|
Where to go for a rapid test on Tuesday 08/06 – Sampling points by province
Vaccination Certificate for those who will travel within June – See where and how to get it