The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 9, 2021:
- Six people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 147.
- 209 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 53 are in serious condition.
- A total of 11,521 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 337 (positivity rate: 2.93%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 27,011 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The six people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- A woman, 66 years old, with underlying diseases, who was hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit of the General Hospital of Nicosia.
- A woman, aged 83, with underlying diseases, who was treated at the General Hospital of Nicosia.
- A woman, 89 years old, with underlying diseases, who was treated at the Limassol General Hospital.
- A man, 88 years old, with underlying diseases, who ended up in the General Hospital of Nicosia after being transferred from the Agitis nursing home.
- A 72-year-old man with underlying diseases, who was hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit of the General Hospital of Nicosia.
- A 60-year-old man with underlying diseases, who was treated at the General Hospital of Nicosia.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 147, of which:
- 98 men (67%), and
- 49 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 80 years.
In total, 209 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 53 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 53 patients who are critical, 31 are intubated, four are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 18 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (70 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||35 (4 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||8|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 ( PCR test and rapid antigen test ) :
Of the 11,521 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 3,554 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 7,967 by the antigen rapid test, 337 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 106 cases from 607 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 3 cases of 585 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 43 cases from 1,674 samples taken through private initiative.
- 26 cases from 364 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1 case from 202 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Doctors and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 158 cases from 7,967 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 122 samples taken as part of a re-inspection carried out on the 7th day after the arrival of persons returning from the United Kingdom and being compulsorily confined to hotels in the Republic.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Germasogeia – Point A.||258||14|
|Germasogeia – Point B.||316||6|
|Nicosia||Strovolos – Point A.||433||7|
|Strovolos – Point B.||622||3|
|Paphos||Central area – Point A.||244||5|
|Central area – Point B.||246||4|
|City of Goldsmiths||290||5|
|Retirement Homes / Roofs||Nicosia||67||0|
The Minister of Labor announced measures to support employees – Special plans and allowances, all details
The new package of support for businesses and self-employed persons by the Minister of Finance – Interest rate subsidy
So we will send an SMS to 8998 to move during the lockdown period – The forms and the purposes of moving
Green light from Central Bank for suspension of installments