The Ministry of Health announces that today, February 1, 2021:
- Three people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 202.
- 129 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 43 are in serious condition.
- A total of 27,248 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 120 (positivity rate: 0.44%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 30,996 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The three people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- A 70-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- Woman, 62 years old, with underlying diseases, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the General Hospital of Nicosia.
- An 80-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 202, of which:
- 136 men (67%), and
- 66 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 129 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 43 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 43 patients who are critical, 23 are intubated, seven are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 13 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (38 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||30 (7 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 27,248 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 1,854 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 25,394 by the antigen rapid test, 120 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted in the following:
- 31 cases out of 238 samples received through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 3 cases of 795 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 4 cases from 362 samples taken through private initiative.
- 6 cases from 240 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1 case of 219 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 75 cases from 25,394 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Positiveness rate:||0.52 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.44 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.13 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.23 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.54 %|
Υπ. Education: Until Thursday, February 4, rapid tests for teachers – What applies to students
From tomorrow the rapid tests of employees who are reactivated on February 8 (Catalog)
The gradual payment of state sponsorship to companies and self-employed workers begins