*** It is noted that around 8:00 pm, the Ministry of Health sent a correction of the number of tests and the percentage of positivity. The correct numbers are as follows:
The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 24, 2021:
- Three people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 186.
- 173 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 55 are in serious condition.
- A total of 7,740 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 130 (positivity rate: 1.68%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 30,017 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The three people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- A 77-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up at the General Hospital of Famagusta.
- A man, 94 years old, with underlying diseases, who ended up in the General Hospital of Nicosia.
- An 83-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the General Hospital of Nicosia.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 186, of which:
- 125 men (67%), and
- 61 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 80 years.
In total, 173 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 55 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 55 patients who are critical, 30 are intubated, five are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 20 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (54 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||6|
|Intensive Care Unit||35 (5 out of a respirator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||8|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 7,740 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 1,422 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 6,318 by the antigen rapid test, 130 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 40 cases from 325 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 23 cases from 764 samples taken through private initiative.
- 3 cases from 69 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1 case from 264 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 63 cases from 6,318 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Positiveness rate:||0.86 %|
|Larnaca||Central area – Point A.||249||3|
|Central area – Point B.||132||5|
|Positiveness rate:||2.20 %|
|Strovolos – Point A.||321||0|
|Strovolos – Point B.||358||3|
|Positiveness rate:||0.47 %|
|Positiveness rate:||2.61 %|
|Positiveness rate:||0.81 %|
|Retirement Homes / Roofs||Nicosia||134||0|
The March Summit summarizes the time in Cypriot and Greek-Turkish
Fani Papavassiliou is out of EDEK ballot – She withdrew her candidacy due to Budget
Stavros Malas in “P”: “Nobody rules us”