The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 17, 2021:
- Three people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total death toll to 170.
- 208 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 56 are in serious condition.
- A total of 7,056 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 157 (positivity rate: 2.23%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 28,968 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The three people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- A 67-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up at the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A 89-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up at the General Hospital of Famagusta.
- Woman, aged 83, with underlying diseases, who ended up at the General Hospital of Famagusta.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 170, of which:
- 113 men (66%), and
- 57 women (34%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 208 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 56 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 56 patients who are critical, 32 are intubated, seven are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 17 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (65 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Unit||39 (7 outside respirator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 7,056 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 1,259 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 5,797 by the antigen rapid test, 157 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 38 cases out of 329 samples obtained through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 26 cases from 515 samples taken through private initiative.
- 7 cases from 158 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 2 cases from 257 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 84 cases from 5,797 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Positiveness rate:||2.66 %|
|Positiveness rate:||1.56 %|
|Positiveness rate:||1.07 %|
|11 Communities of Mountainous Paphos||112||0|
|Retirement Homes / Roofs||Nicosia||42||2|
Fake news and vaccine truths: Dr. Dietis and Dr. Tsioutis answer
Pfizer: Reduces vaccine doses to be delivered to Italy next week by 29%
Covid-19: At least 2,022,740 dead worldwide
Psychologists: How you can overcome isolation and quarantine at home