Two deaths from Covid-19 and 133 new cases from 30,333 molecular and rapid antigen detection tests were announced by the Ministry of Health, with 133 coronavirus patients, 34 of them in severe condition.
The Ministry of Health announces that today, February 5, 2021:
- Two people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total death toll to 210.
- 113 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 34 are in serious condition.
- A total of 30,333 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 133 (positivity rate: 0.44%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 31,512.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The two people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- An 88-year-old man with underlying diseases, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- Woman, 54 years old, with underlying diseases, who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the General Hospital of Nicosia.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 210, of which:
- 141 men (67%), and
- 69 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 113 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 34 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 34 patients who are critical, 21 are intubated, two are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 11 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (31 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||23 (2 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 30,333 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 1,872 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 28,461 by the antigen rapid test, 133 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 32 cases from 249 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 23 cases from 1,021 samples taken through private initiative.
- 10 cases from 307 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 68 cases from 28,461 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 260 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 35 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Doctors and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
|Aradippou Industrial Area||292||0|
Thousands of doses of AstraZeneca vaccines in Cyprus on Monday – See when vaccinations start
Vaccinations for people over 80 start tomorrow – The appointments available