Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease
The Ministry of Health announces that today, September 18, 2021:
- Two people died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 547.
- 96 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 39 are in serious condition. 76.05% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 10 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in intubated condition due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
- A total of 53,472 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 140 (positivity rate: 0.26%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 118,863 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The two people who died with the ultimate cause of death from COVID-19 are:
- A 59-year-old man who ended up on September 17 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A 92-year-old woman who ended up today at the Famagusta General Hospital.
Thus, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease is 547, of which:
- 349 men (64%), and
- 198 women (36%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.3 years.
In total, 96 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 39 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 39 patients in serious condition, 17 are intubated, one is admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 21 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||13|
|Intensive Care Unit||1|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||1|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 53,472 diagnoses made, 5,242 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 48,230 by the antigen rapid test method, 140 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 1 case from 42 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 4 cases of 2,404 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 42 cases from 2,654 samples taken through private initiative.
- 8 cases from 134 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 68 cases from 33,054 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 17 cases from 15,176 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following tests were performed, without detecting a case:
- 8 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
|Tourist control – PASYXE||60||1|
|Passenger sampling at airports||260||0|
Free rapid test points for Sunday 19 September (list)
OAY: Almost 800 million euros the expenses of GESS until August – At 1.3 billion are estimated for the whole of 2021
Kyriakos Aspromallis, member of the Left, died – Defeated by covid19