The Ministry of Health announces that today, October 15, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 were recorded, and therefore the total number of deaths remains at 559.
- 56 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 24 are in serious condition. 64.41% of the patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 9 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in intubated condition due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
- A total of 53,801 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 142 (positivity rate: 0.26%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 122,137 .
The following are the current results in detail:
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported. Therefore, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease remains 559, of which:
- 354 men (63%), and
- 205 women (37%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.2 years.
In total, 56 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 24 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 24 patients in serious condition, 10 are intubated in the Intensive Care Unit and 14 in the Intensive Care Unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
| Intensive Care Units
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 53,801 diagnoses made, 5,070 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 48,731 by the antigen rapid test method, 142 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 25 cases from 402 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 7 cases from 2,682 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 29 cases from 1,594 samples taken through private initiative.
- 3 cases from 224 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 54 cases from 29,218 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 24 cases from 19,513 samples that were examined with the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following tests were performed, without detecting a case:
- 168 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
|Tourist control – PASYXE||38||0|
|Passenger sampling at airports||84||1|