30.2 C
Nicosia
Thursday, July 18, 2024

Deputy Tourism: There was no incident of flight cancellation to Cyprus due to fires

Must read

Υφ. Τουρισμο Δενυπρκνναπεταικ ;κρησπροκρο ; πυρκαγις

There was no incident of flight cancellation to Cyprus, Deputy Minister of Tourism Kostas Koumis told KYPE, adding that “the fires have been extinguished and the country was, is and remains a safe destination for us”.

“Following a publication in the British press, which raises the question of whether flights to country as a result of the fires that broke out this week, I would like to confirm that we have not had any flight cancellations,” the Deputy Minister said.

He noted that “all scheduled flights are operating normally, fires have been extinguished and our country was, is and remains a safe destination.”

In contrast, he added, “we had today the maiden flight of Royal Jordanian from Amman, Jordan to Paphos airport, Jazeera Airways flights from Kuwait to Larnaca airport have resumed, and in general the flight programs to our country continue to be strengthened on a weekly basis”.

He also reminded that earlier this week Wizz Air announced the increase in the number of its flights from a total of 11 airports in Europe.

Source: KYPE

Source: reporter.com.cy

- Advertisement -AliExpress WW

More articles

- Advertisement -AliExpress WW

Latest article