Investment of 8 million by the Union of Bank Employees of Cyprus, December 2024 the completion of the project is estimated
The Green Light was given by the Environmental Authority to the utilization of the former Sun Tower on Strovolos Avenue by ETYK (Union of Bank Employees of Cyprus) and its conversion into office facilities and a polyclinic. It is an investment of 8 million euros, with an estimated completion date of December 2024. It is recalled that ETYK had proceeded to purchase the Suntower building as well as the adjacent piece of land from Remu and Hellenic Bank in 2020 and 2021.
The existing building will be modified into offices and shops and a new building will be erected in the area of the existing parking lot which will function as a polyclinic. Both buildings will consist of two basements, a ground floor, three floors and a roof with a canopy for the installation of photovoltaics. The existing building during its period of operation had commercial use, while at the present stage it is closed and does not operate. The total area of the development area is 4,700 m2, while the total gross area is 15,430, 78 m2.
The shop and offices in the proposed building A has a gross area of 6057, 76 m2 and will include offices, common areas, conference rooms, kitchen, engine rooms, toilets and reception areas. The polyclinic in the proposed building B is expected to have a total gross floor area of 9,373 m2 and will include a CT area, intensive care room and ward, MRI area, isolation room, laboratories, kitchens, nurses' station, office areas, operating rooms, medical rooms consultations, x-ray room, radiologist's office, doctor's office, staff office, patient wards, cafeteria, doctor's dormitory, mammography room, ultrasound room, reception and mortuary area.
The parking spaces of the proposed development amount to 209 and are located on the ground floor and two basement levels. More specifically:
▪ 194 for development workers
▪ 4 for disabled persons
▪ 1 for supply vehicles
▪ 10 for bicycles
The proposed development is to include the following uses:
Shop and offices in the proposed Building A'
According to the Project Architects, the proposed Building A' is expected to have a
total gross area 6,057.76 sq.m.
According to the floor plan by the Project Architects, the proposed building A' will
▪ Office spaces with a total area of 2,321.57 sq.m.:
– Common areas with a total area of 735.23 sq.m.
– Conference room with a total area of 192.76 sq.m.
– Kitchen with a total area of 43.70 sq.m.
– Machine rooms with a total area of 69.29 sq.m.
– Offices with a total area of 978.08 sq.m.
– Toilets with a total area of 172, 16 sq.m.
– Reception areas with a total area of 130.35 sq.m.
▪ Store with a total area of 306.81 sq.m.
– Shop space with a total area of 297.57 sq.m.
– Restrooms with a total area of 9.24 sq.m.
Polyclinic in the proposed Building B
▪ CT scan area with a total area of 32.28 sq.m. and CT scanner control room with a total area of 7.48 sq.m.
▪ Room and intensive care unit with a total area of 35.27 sq.m. and 71.52 sq.m. respectively.
▪ MRI space with a total area of 82.35 sq.m. and control room of the magnetic tomograph with a total area of 14.71 sq.m.
▪ Isolation room with a total area of 69.57 sq.m.
▪ Laboratory with a total area of 39.38 sq.m.
▪ Kitchens with a total area of 79.13 sq.m
▪ Nurses' station with a total area of 110.66 sq.m.
▪ Office spaces with a total area of 101.82 sq.m.
▪ Surgery rooms with a total area of 345.07 sq.m.
▪ Rooms medical consultations with a total area of 118.18 sq.m.
▪ X-ray area with a total area of 40.15 sq.m.
▪ Radiologist's office with a total area of 16.78 sq.m.
▪ Doctors' office total area 10.28 sq.m.
▪ Staff office total area 13.51 sq.m.
▪ Patient wards total area 506.39 sq.m.
▪ Cafeteria with a total area of 30.58 sq.m.
▪ Doctors' dormitory with a total area of 11.99 sq.m.
▪ Mammography area with a total area of 14.59 sq.m.
▪ Orthopantograph and ultrasound room with a total area of 20.21 sq.m.
▪ Reception area with a total area of 188.09 sq.m.
▪ Mortuary area with a total area of 17.12 sq.m.
It is noted that the Project aims to enrich the services/facilities provided to the consumers of the Municipality of Strovolos and the wider area of Central Nicosia, to increase office services in the area and at the same time to improve medical services and health care of the region.