The Ministry of Health announces that today, September 10, 2021:
- One person died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 527.
- 117 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 41 are in serious condition. 81.2% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 9 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in intubated condition due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
- A total of 56,668 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 142 (positivity rate: 0.25%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 117,695 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
One person who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 is:
- A woman, aged 70, who ended up on September 9 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
Thus, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease is 527, of which:
- 339 men (64%), and
- 188 women (36%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.4 years.
In total, 117 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 41 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 41 patients in serious condition, 17 are intubated, two are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 22 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||1|
|Intensive Care Unit||12|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||2|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 56,668 diagnoses made today, 6,367 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 50,301 by the antigen rapid test method, 142 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 14 cases from 251 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 8 cases from 3,209 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 33 cases from 2,594 samples taken through private initiative.
- 8 cases from 182 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 60 cases from 30,186 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 19 cases from 20,115 samples that were examined with the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following tests were performed, without detecting a case:
- 131 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
|Tourist control – PASYXE||96||0|
|Passenger sampling at airports||199||0|
RUN and POWER Group: Enhanced Living Experience.