Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease
The Ministry of Health announces that today, September 27, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 were recorded, and therefore the total number of deaths remains 552.
- 81 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 33 are in serious condition. 74.42% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 11 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in intubated condition due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
- A total of 65,826 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 136 (positivity rate: 0.21%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 119,903.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease remains 552, of which:
- 350 men (63%), and
- 202 women (37%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.4 years.
In total, 81 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 33 are in serious condition or with MAF conditions.
Of the 33 patients in serious condition, 15 are intubated, one is admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 17 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||7|
|Intensive Care Unit||1|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||1|
C. Positive cases COVID-19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 65,826 diagnoses made, 6,351 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 59,475 by the method of antigen rapid test, 136 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 8 cases from 64 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 5 cases of 3,255 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 29 cases from 2,446 samples taken through private initiative.
- 6 cases from 326 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 11 cases from 260 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 63 cases from 37,313 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 14 cases from 22,162 samples that were examined with the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
|Tourist control – PASYXE||37||0|
|Passenger sampling at airports||164||0|