Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease
The Ministry of Health announces that today, June 10, 2021:
- Four people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 371.
- 47 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 17 are in serious condition.
- A total of 37,664 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 59 (positivity rate: 0.16%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 73,055 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The four people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- A 61-year-old man who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- An 82-year-old man who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A 68-year-old man who ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A 93-year-old man who ended up at the Nicosia General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 371, of which:
- 248 men (67%), and
- 123 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 77.4 years.
In total, 47 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 17 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 17 patients in serious condition, nine are intubated, two are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and six to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||11 (2 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||1|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 37,664 diagnoses made today, 5,210 were made by molecular method (PCR) and 32,454 by antigen rapid test, 59 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 5 cases from 164 samples obtained through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 11 cases of 3,049 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 11 cases from 1,570 samples taken through private initiative.
- 5 cases from 319 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 27 cases from 32,064 samples examined by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 108 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 390 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) were performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
|Agios Athanasios Industrial Area||496||0|
|Mesogi Industrial Area||265||0|