The Ministry of Health announces that today, October 6, 2021:
One person died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 557.
59 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 21 are in serious condition. 58.74% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
11 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in intubated condition due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
A total of 46,925 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
100 (positivity rate: 0.21%) new cases of COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 120,861.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
One person who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 is:
A 51-year-old man who ended up today in the Intensive Care Unit of the Limassol General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 557, of which:
354 men (64%), and
203 women (36%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.3 years.
In total, 59 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 21 are in serious condition or with MAF conditions.
Of the 21 patients in serious condition, 13 are intubated, one is admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and seven to an intensive care unit.
C. Positive cases COVID-19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 46,925 diagnoses made, 4,436 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 42,489 by the antigen rapid test method, 100 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 14 cases out of 201 samples received through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 5 cases of 2,358 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 23 cases from 1,494 samples taken through private initiative.
- 3 cases from 210 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 45 cases from 21,847 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 10 cases from 20,642 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following tests were performed, without detecting a case:
- 171 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 2 samples taken during the control of closed structures.