Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease – October 25, 2021
The Ministry of Health announces that today, October 25, 2021:
Two people died of COVID-19, bringing the total death toll to 570.
59 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 20 are in serious condition. 55.94% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
3 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in intubated condition due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
A total of 60,998 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
189 (positivity rate: 0.31%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 123,546.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The two people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
An 82-year-old man who ended up on October 24 in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
A 49-year-old man who ended up today in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 570, of which:
363 men (64%), and
207 women (36%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.1 years.
In total, 59 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, 20 of which are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 20 patients in serious condition, seven are intubated, two are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 11 to an intensive care unit.
C. Positive cases COVID-19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 60,998 diagnoses made, 5,537 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 55,461 by the antigen rapid test method, 189 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 26 cases from 413 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 6 cases from 3,116 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 26 cases from 1,603 samples taken through private initiative.
- 8 cases from 246 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 93 cases from 35,440 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 30 cases from 22,021 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following tests were performed, without detecting a case:
- 159 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.