The Ministry of Health announces that today, November 1, 2021:
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 were recorded, and therefore the total number of deaths remains 574.
- 68 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 25 are in serious condition. 63.24% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 5 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be hospitalized in intubated condition due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
- A total of 65,948 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 280 (positivity rate: 0.42%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 124,724 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported. Therefore, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease remains 574, of which:
- 366 men (64%), and
- 208 women (36%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.1 years.
In total, 68 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, 25 of whom are in serious condition or with MAF conditions.
Of the 25 patients in serious condition, six are intubated, three are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 16 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||6|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||3|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 65,948 diagnoses made, 5,598 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 60,350 by the antigen rapid test, 280 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 24 cases from 362 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 8 cases from 3,259 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 37 cases from 1,511 samples taken through private initiative.
- 4 cases from 317 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 3 cases from 149 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 137 cases from 37,719 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 67 cases from 22,631 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
|Passenger sampling at airports||148||2|