In 2022, 806 employees will leave the state machine with full pockets, who will receive tips (lump sum) of € 92.3 million. The average lump sum that will be transferred to the bank account of each employee will be € 114.5 thousand.
Of the 806 civil servants who will retire in 2022, 566 will be due to age and the remaining 240 will receive an early retirement. In fact, in relation to 2021, the amount of the lump sum and the number of employees who will retire is increased. Specifically, by the end of 2021, 772 employees are expected to retire, receiving a one-time € 85.7 million. According to data included in the state budget of 2022, submitted to Parliament, the tips for the 806 civil servants will be granted as follows:
– In 2022, a total of 371 civil servants will receive a lump sum of € 45.1 million, with the average tip reaching € 121.5 thousand. Of these, 251 will retire due to age and 120 will leave the public due to early retirement or will submit their resignations or for other reasons. It is worth noting that, compared to this year, the total amount of the lump sum for public administration employees will be at the same level, which indicates that in 2022 higher paid civil servants will retire. Within 2021, the retirement of 398 civil servants was expected, while the amount of the lump sum they will receive will be € 45 million.
– According to the 2022 budget, a lump sum of € 25.5 million will be granted to 244 teachers, of whom 184 will retire due to age and 60 will retire early, or will resign. The average tip that each teacher will receive will reach € 104.5 thousand. In the meantime, this year, a lump sum of € 20 million will be granted to 194 teachers who will retire by the end of the year.
– Within 2022, it is estimated that 109 members of the police and the fire service will retire, receiving a lump sum of € 10 million. The average tip corresponding to each member of the security forces will be € 91,743. The 79 police and firefighters will retire due to age and 30 will retire early. In the meantime, by the end of 2021, tips of € 7.5 million will be given to 92 police officers and firefighters who will retire.
– According to the 2022 budget, 82 members of the Cypriot army are expected to retire, putting in their accounts tips of € 9.5 million. The average lump sum they will receive will be € 115.8 thousand. Of all the members of the Cypriot army who will retire next year, 52 will be due to age limit and 30 will leave their jobs early.
– Next year, tips of € 500 thousand will be paid to employees in Public Law Organizations. The money will be given to employees retiring from the government due to their appointment to public law bodies or other bodies. The funds are at the same levels as this year.
– In 2022, an amount of € 1.4 million will be paid for the tips of temporary (on-site) staff and temporary employees who retire voluntarily, due to age limit or death. This year, until the end of the year, € 700 thousand will be paid to this category of employees.
– At € 5 thousand will be the amount of tips that regular workers will receive. These are essentially hourly paid government staff.
It is worth noting that in 2022 the state officials who will retire will receive a one-time amount of € 300 thousand.
According to data collected by “Φ”, in 2020 757 civil servants retired, receiving a lump sum of € 83 million. In 2019, 721 employees retired, receiving a lump sum of € 82.6 million. In 2018, 529 civil servants retired, receiving a tip of € 71 In 2017, 230 employees retired and in 2016 another 222. In 2015 the number of retirements from the state service was 202, while in 2014 the number of retirements was 445. Finally, between 2012-2013 more than 2041 employees retired, due to fiscal consolidation measures taken in the framework of the implementation of the memorandum.