Only open to vehicles with four-wheel drive or equipped with anti-skid chains are the roads Platron-Troodos, Karvouna-Troodos and Prodromos Troodos, due to snowfall and accumulation of snow on the road surface. In the rest of the road network in the mountainous regions, no particular problem is observed, with the roads being open to all vehicles.
The road network in the urban areas and on the highways is without particular problems around 3.15 pm on Friday. However, due to the rains occurring in various areas across Cyprus, special care is recommended for those traveling on the road, with vehicle drivers being asked to drive at a safe, low speed, maintain a safe distance from vehicles in front and keep their lights on route of their vehicles.
It should be noted that due to the prevailing winter conditions, the situation on the road network is changing. The public is urged, as before their journeys, to be informed about the condition of the roads through the announcements made public by the Police.
Police announcements are posted in a timely manner on the Police information website www.cypruspolicenews.com, on the Police Facebook page (Facebook.com/cypolice), as well as on the Police Twitter account (twitter.com/Cyprus_Police).
- She went to pick up her child from school and her car was stolen
- Steps forward on outstanding warrants-Nearly 70,000 executed in 2022
- Part of 'Girl with Hula Hoop' statue found – Searches continue
- Community Council vehicle on fire -The local authorities see arson
- He stole a double cab with tools and cut rides-A 45-year-old man was arrested
- All the details about the ceremony declaration of the new PtD-The recommendations of the Police
- He sent inappropriate videos to a minor-In the cell 50-year-old for sexual harassment
- Arson behind the fire in a vehicle of the Community Co council of Pyrgos