The ways and forms for exceptional movements of citizens that will be valid from tomorrow Sunday at 5.00 in the morning were announced, at which time the general prohibition on movements is valid.
The travel ban is valid from 21:00 pm until 5:00 am the next day.
The Undersecretary of State for Research, Innovation and Digital Policy sets out, as of Sunday, two methods to secure approval for exceptional travel.
Text messaging service 8998
The first is the texting service sms 8998, free of charge.
The structure of the message to be sent to 8998 is as follows:
X (Movement Purpose No.) blank No. Proof of Identity blank Postcode Home Code
X: unique number from 1 to 8 that corresponds to the relevant purpose of movement.
No. Certificate of Identification (up to 3 letters and a total of up to 10 characters, numbers and letters) for:
Cypriot citizens: the number of the Cypriot identity
European citizens and third-country nationals: the ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER (ARC) listed on the registration certificate or residence permit.
European citizens and third-country nationals who do not have an ARC: number of other acceptable proof of identity (foreign passport or foreign identity number, diplomatic passport number).
Home Postal Code: 4 numbers
Text messages (SMS) will receive replies in 4 forms: approval, rejection due to message structure, rejection due to completion of the maximum number of permitted daily movements, and rejection due to non-compliance with the permitted travel times.
Please note that after the SMS is sent, a response will be received for approval of the request, and the handling will be valid for a reasonable period of time depending on the handling category for which the approval was granted.
Citizens during their travels must have with them their identity card or passport, for identification purposes in case of control by the Competent Authorities.
Exceptional movements of citizens
Exceptionally movement will be allowed twice a day.
Purposes of movement:
1. Go to a pharmacy or for a blood donation or a visit to a doctor or for a laboratory test for Covid-19 or for vaccinations at vaccination centers.
2. Go to a store to buy or supply essential goods / services, including take away.
3. Go to a bank, to the extent that electronic transaction is not possible.
4. Absolutely necessary visits to state services or services of the wider public sector and local government.
5. Trafficking for assistance to persons who are unable to self-serve or who have to protect themselves or are in self-restraint and / or in places of compulsory confinement (quarantine).
6. Movement for physical exercise or individual sport, if it is limited to places where access is allowed.
7. Going to a ceremony (eg funeral, wedding, baptism) by first and second degree relatives not exceeding the number of 10 persons or for individual prayer
8. Declaration of any other purpose of movement that can be justified on the basis of the traffic ban measures (by presenting the necessary evidence that is valid for each case).
Category 8 is considered to include, inter alia, the following purposes:
-Movement of divorced or separated parents, which is necessary for seamless communication and contact between parents and children
-Movement for specialized treatments for people with disabilities or people with chronic diseases, together with their companion
-Move for transport of hoplite to and from the camp.
-Transfer to and from Larnaca and Paphos Airports for the transfer of persons, with the presentation of a proof (ticket) which proves the day and time of arrival / departure.
-Transfer of farmers and stockbreeders, provided that they submit the form of hectare and per capita subsidy from the KOAP or, in case this does not exist, a relevant certificate from the District Office of Agriculture.
– Transfer of persons to animal shelters for the care of animals or for feeding stray animals, provided that they present a certificate certified by a recognized animal welfare organization, as well as relevant proof of notification of their every move to the Veterinary Services.
For the service of telephone number holders from a foreign provider, as well as for the convenience of the citizens who cannot – for any reason – be served through the text message service (SMS) 8998, there will be a call center.
Citizens will be able to call for Cypriot numbers at 80012012 and for foreign numbers at +357 22 285777.
This service will be available to citizens from 05:00 am to 21:00 pm, in both Greek and English.
Please note that the call center will only serve calls made from a mobile phone.
It is noted that the citizen bears personal responsibility for the accuracy of the information he states in the call center and is responsible for a false statement.
Forms for exceptional travel
People over the age of 65 can use Form B for their exceptional travel.
It is clarified that for the purposes of going to and from work for work purposes it is not necessary to send an SMS, but the employee must present Form A, signed by his employer.
Also, there is no need to send an SMS for the movement of people with disabilities and people who fall into the autism spectrum, together with their companion, transport of minor children to and from kindergartens, kindergartens, pre-primary and special education, walk for pet needs (within a radius of 500 m. from the house), provided that they do not exceed two people, excluding minor children.
The new package of support for businesses and self-employed persons by the Minister of Finance – Interest rate subsidy
The Minister of Labor announced measures to support employees – Special plans and allowances, all details
All Prohibition Measures in Detail – Essential Services and Businesses That Remain Open