Tasty and healthy! Recipe by Chef Savva Mapoura
- 500 gr. sweet potatoes, cubed 3 cm.
- 250 g. spinach (small leaves)
- 500 g. water
- 250 gr. onions, cut into 4
- 1 chili pepper, without seeds
- 1 kg. paprika
- 20 g. fresh ginger, in small pieces
- 400 g. canned tomatoes peel from half a lemon, without the white part
- 40 g. lemon juice
- 20 g. maple syrup
- 2 kg. salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 200 gr. water
- 1 tbsp. vegetable stock paste
- 700 g. chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cubed 3 cm.
- 15 gr. pumpkin seeds, for serving
- 4 small whole wheat pies
- deep serving plate
Put 500 gr. sweet potatoes, in 3 cm cubes, in the deep tray of the Varoma. Put in the bucket 500 gr. water, place Varoma in place, cover and cook 12 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
Add 250 gr. spinach over the sweet potatoes, cover the Varoma and cook a further 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 2. Remove the Varoma and transfer to a shallow dish. Empty the bin.
Put in the bin 250 gr. onions, cut into 4, 1 chili pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, 20 g. fresh ginger, in small pieces, 400 g. canned tomatoes, peel of ½ lemon, 40 g. lemon juice, 20 g. maple syrup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 pinch of pepper and grind 7 seconds/speed 7.
Add 200 g. water and 1 spoon of homemade vegetable stock paste. Season the chicken with 1 tsp salt and divide between the 2 Varoma trays, replace the Varoma and cook 25 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
Transfer the chicken with the sweet potatoes and spinach to a shallow serving dish, pour over the sauce from the bucket and mix with the spatula. Sprinkle with 15 g. pumpkin seeds and accompany with the 4 whole wheat pies for serving.