The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CYC) has published a Report on ten years of its initiatives and actions in matters of social responsibility, announcing that its goal is to create an environment that prioritizes justice, inspires confidence in investors and firmly adheres to the principles foster a sustainable financial system.
” The report looks back at a wide range of actions of a decade by the management and staff of Cyclades that aimed at the contribution of the organization to the society in which it operates, the promotion of sustainable investment, the acceleration of environmental management and the participation of society.
“The financial and investment environment in Cyprus has evolved significantly over the last ten years,” said Dr. Giorgos Theocharidis, President of YKK, “As we work to promote transparency, fair and sustainable investment practices, it is vital to help promote responsible investment that helps mitigate environmental degradation and social inequality. We have to stay focused on the end goal – the need to transition to a more sustainable, fair and human-centered economy.”
Among other commitments for 2024 and beyond, EKK integrates the UN Sustainable Development Goals into its strategic vision, with a commitment to promote initiatives to address social, economic and environmental challenges, contributing to a sustainable, resilient and inclusive world. In addition, CySEC is committed to promoting initiatives that address governance issues, ensuring transparency and accountability in financial markets.
Recognizing the importance of financial education, CySEC is committed to continuing to implement activities that educate and empower the public, with an emphasis on vulnerable groups of the population, so that they are able to make informed and therefore more appropriate financial decisions with the aim of financial well-being .
Other main points of the Report mention how the Greek Cycladic Society:
• Strengthened the initiatives and actions that cultivate the feeling of volunteerism in its human resources and of social contribution for the common good and collective benefit,
• Created financial literacy materials for dozens of schools as part of a year-long campaign,
• Published an Investor's Guide to Sustainable Investing and the handbook of Smart Investor, as well as an online social media campaign to strengthen investor protection called #ThinkBeforeYouInvest,
• Created an Innovation Center that has supported more than 20 fintech and regtech companies,< /p>
• Initiated the transition to a paperless work environment through the introduction of an automated human resources management program,
• Appointed an Energy Savings Officer to improve energy efficiency in the building and facilities of CYKK,< /p>
• Donated 1,000 units of blood to the Blood Center.
Underlining the importance for organizations to include the concept of social responsibility and interactivity with their social and physical environment in their strategy, involve their staff in social responsibility actions and promote a culture of individual responsibility, Dr. Theocharidis added: “Our staff has integrated volunteering practices into the strategy and culture of our work environment. From implementing environmentally-friendly practices to organizing group blood drives, the employees of the CySEC have contributed significantly to creating an invaluable positive impact”.