Even more limited will be the female representation in the new House of Representatives. Yesterday's elections gave place to only 8 women MPs in the seats of the Parliament. However, it is worth noting that for the second time, AKEL MP Irini Charalambidou was the first in all Cypriot preference crosses.
Annita Dimitriou was elected first in the province of Larnaca for the Democratic Alarm in crosses of preference.
It is recalled that during the previous Parliament, 12 women held seats.
The women MPs who managed to get elected are:
- Charalambidou Irini (AKEL)
- Erotokritou Christiana (Democratic Party)
- Orfanidou Savia (Democratic Alarm)
- Attalidou Alexandra (Ecologists Movement)
- Nikolaou Marina (AKEL)
- Tsiridou Fotini (Democratic Alarm)
- Dimitriou Annita (Democratic Alarm)
- Superman Theodorou Rita (Democratic Alarm)