Professor and writer Christodoulos Giallouridis passed away today, at the age of 74, after a battle with cancer.
Christodoulos Giallouridis was Professor of International Politics, Dean of the School of International Studies, Communication and Culture at Panteion University and Director of the Center for Oriental Studies.
He was also a columnist for Simerini newspaper.
Christodoulos Giallouridis was born in Morphou, Cyprus in 1949. He studied Law at the University of Athens with postgraduate studies in Sociology, Political Science, International Relations and International Law at the Universities of Tubingen, Freiburg and Bochum, Federal Germany.
He was awarded a Doctor of Bochum University (Magna Cum Laude), being a fellow of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation and the German Scholarship Academy. He was a founding member of the Hellenic Society of International Law and International Relations, the Institute of International Relations and the Cyprus Studies Center. He teaches at the Higher Schools of all Branches of the Armed Forces.
He was President of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Defense Analyzes of the Ministry of National Defense, Director of the European Cultural Center of Delphi and President of the Hellenic Cultural Foundation.
< p>A series of his articles and studies were published both in Greece and abroad, while he is the author of books and monographs in Greek, English, as well as German and editor of collective works. He teaches international politics, crisis management, foreign policy and media and cultural diplomacy.
Christodoulos Giallouridis is the author of numerous books, while he has edited and contribute to the writing of many more. Here are some titles from his authorship:
– International political theory and practice: Cyprus, the last hour
– The Cypriot and the International System, 1945-1974: Searching for a place in world
– Copenhagen 2009: The long road to Europe
– Konstantinos Karamanlis in the twentieth century: International scientific conference: Zappeio Megaro, 5 -June 9, 2007
– Cyprus: From Antiquity to Today
– XIII International Meeting of Ancient Drama 2007: The Woman in Ancient Drama: Proceedings of the Symposium
– Turkey in the 21st century: The long road to Europe
Also read: "For the man next door, the everyday hero…"