The Ministry of Education, Sports and Youth (YPAN) informs parents/guardians that registrations/transfers to Public Kindergartens and Primary Schools for the 2023-2024 school year will be the same as last school year.
Specifically, for the smooth conduct of registrations/transfers, parents/guardians are requested to follow the following:
1. REGISTRATION TIME
- Student registration for the 2023-2024 school year in Public Kindergartens and Primary Schools will take place from 16 until January 18, 2023.
- There will be no new registration period, except for students who, for a reasonable reason, could not be enrolled in the above time period. January (January 16-18, 2023). Therefore, those parents/guardians who do not register their children in January will be obliged to register them at the nearest school in their area where there are vacancies.
- Then on January 18, 2023, all students presenting themselves for new registration or transfer to schools, should apply to the relevant Provincial Education Office (E.G.P.). The E.G.P. they will inform the affected schools of new registrations or transfers.
- The Unified All-Day Schools (E.O.S.) have compulsory attendance until 15 :05 or until 16:00(except Wednesday where the hours are 7:45 a.m. to 1:05 p.m., with the exception of Agios Antonios Primary School which has a five-day afternoon school). A single departure time is valid for all the students of each E.O.S. Those parents/guardians who are unable to keep the specified time, should request to register/transfer to another school, within the registration/transfer timetables (January 16-18, 2023).
2. REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
2.1 Students who during the current school year attend:
- in grades 1 – 5 Primary
- in Compulsory Pre-Primary Education (i.e. children born 1/9/2017 – 31/12/2017)
- in the Kindergarten of their educational district and have a date of birth 1/1/2018 – 31/12/2018.
For the above categories of students, the following registration/transfer procedure is followed:
- January 16, 2023: Schools send parents/guardians, through the children, a form for Declaration of Enrollment. The schools that operate with Cycle A and B, send, additionally, the DDE 11 form for the children of the 3rd grade.
- January 17-18, 2023: Parents/guardians complete the form and send it, through their children, back to the school . The children of the 3rd grade (in the schools of Cycle A and B) also present the completed form DDE11.
- January 19, 2023:Schools check the forms they have collected to see if all parents have responded. Otherwise, a reminder is given so that all forms are returned to the school by January 20, 2023 at the latest. At the same time, schools check registration forms to see if there are parents/guardians who wish to transfer their child. In these cases, the DDE 33 form is forwarded to the specific parents/guardians, through their children.
- Until January 20, 2023: They all go back to school the Registration Declarations, forms DDE 11 and transfer forms DDE 33.
2.2 M< /b>Students who will enroll for the first time in the specific Public Kindergarten or Primary School
For the above students the following the registration/transfer process below:
- January 16-18, 2023: Parents/guardians place in a sealed envelope, all the necessary forms/certificates/documents for the enrollment of their child in the school of their educational district and the application for transfer (if they wish to transfer). Then, they drop the closed envelope into a special box that will be placed in the school area.
- In the same area, there will also be the necessary forms for registration (DDE 11 form) and for transfer (form DDE 33) for parents/guardians who do not have access to the internet.
- Parents/guardians come to the specific area having filled out, in advance, all the necessary forms just to drop the envelope in the box and leave.
- January 16-18, 2023: The school is reviewing all enrollment/transfer applications and contacting all parents/guardians by phone:
- to confirm the registration of the child,
- to secure any information/data not provided/provided and
- to inform parents/guardians that their application for transfer will be forwarded to the relevant E.G.P. and as soon as the school has any information it will inform them about it.
- Until January 20, 2023: Any information/certificates that were not submitted with the application for registration/transfer are provided to the school.
2.3 Students who wish to attend the occupied Kormakitis Primary School or the occupied Kormakitis Kindergarten
The Y.P.A.N. intends to operate a Primary School and Kindergarten in Kormakitis from the next school year 2023-2024, provided that there is interest and registration of the required number of students.
For this purpose, those who wish to have their children attend Kormakiti Primary School or Kindergarten should first fill out the necessary forms for registering their child at the school in their educational district or for registering at the school their child is already attending , based on the aforementioned instructions.
Then, for children of compulsory age, they should fill in the DDE 33 form “Application for Transfer to a Primary School or Kindergarten (Compulsory Pre-Primary Education and Pre-Primary Class) of another region » and deliver it to the Primary School or Kindergarten of Agios Maronas, respectively, during the period 16-18 January 2023.
In the same period, an application for registration at the Kormakiti Kindergarten can also be submitted for children under the age of 3 – 48/12 years, i.e. for all children born between January 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020. The application is submitted on the DDE 30 form “Application for enrollment in a Public/Public and Community Kindergarten for children aged 3 – 48/12 years old”. The form is placed, together with the necessary documents/certificates, in a closed envelope and dropped in the special box at the Agios Maronas Kindergarten.
3. REGISTERING RIGHT
- All children, of any nationality, residing in Cyprus, regardless of whether their parents/guardians are legally present on the island or not, have the right to register.
- Eligible for registration in Compulsory Pre-Primary Education are children born from September 1, 2018 until December 31, 2018.
- Eligible for enrollment in Pre-Primary class is the children born from September 1, 2017 until August 31, 2018.
- Children born from September 1, 2016 until August 31, 2017.
- Children born from January 1, 2019 until August 31, 2020 can also submit applications for enrollment in Public Kindergartens.< /li>
4. EDUCATION DISTRICTS
- The revised education districts,for the school year 2023-2024 have been posted on the website of the Ministry of Education and Culture:
- Registration of all new students takes place at the Kindergarten or Primary School of their educational district, even if a parent/guardian intends to request a transfer.
- Applications for transferare submitted by the students' parents/guardians to the school in their educational district, during the enrollment period.
- In the case of students who have older siblings in Primary School, who attend grades Α΄-Ε΄, in the current school year, and are interested in enrolling (a) in the Kindergarten neighboring the specific Primary School or (b) in the specific Primary School, the enrollment in case it is not the educational the region, without requiring the transfer process.
- For the children of Compulsory Pre-Primary Education, who secured transfer for the current school year, re-registration is not required, to enroll in Pre-Primary Class.
5. REQUIRED FORMS/CERTIFICATES/DOCUMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
The documents below should be submitted during registration/transfer process:
- DDE Form 11
- Form title:“Application for enrollment in a Primary School or Kindergarten (Compulsory Pre-Primary Education and Pre-Primary Class)”
- Submitted by all parents/guardians who enroll their child in the particular school for the first time.
- It can be obtained from the school or from the website of the Ministry of Education and Culture: http://www.moec.gov.cy/dde/entipa. html.
- Birth Certificate/Passport
- Submitted by all parents/guardians registering their child at that particular school for the first time.
- For students born in Cyprus, an official Birth Certificate is required.
- For students who were born outside of Cyprus, an official Birth Certificate from the Competent Authority of the country in which they were born is required. Passport is accepted as an official certificate.
- Photocopies of the above documents are accepted, only if certified by a competent official.
- Bills proving residential street
- All parents/guardians who will register their child at that school for the first time, they should provide two recent bills, dog and electricity, proving that the street of the student's residence is the one declared and falls within the school's educational district. It is noted that those who live in the Municipality of Aglantzia, due to the fact that they do not have a dog bill, should provide in addition to the electricity bill and the real estate bill.
- In cases where the residence of the student is rented and it is not possible to provide a dog bill, it should be provided, in addition to the electricity bill and the rental document.
- In cases where, due to a recent move, there is no dog bill, building permit and recent electricity bill should be provided.
- Please note that for parents/guardians living in the same household as the grandparent or other relatives, and therefore do not have the two accounts in their own name, which are required to certify the address of residence, they should provide:
a) accounts showing the name of the relative they live with and
b) a responsible declaration stating the name of the relative they live with and since when they have been living with the particular person.
The declaration should be signed by both the student's parents/guardians and the relative with whom they live. Finally, the signed declaration should be certified by the concerned Mayor/Certificate Officer.
- Vaccination Status
- When enrolling a child in a Public Primary School for the first time (children in first grade and any other grade coming from private schools or schools abroad), parents should provide a copy of the Immunization Card or the relevant page of the Health Booklet, where the child's vaccination status will be shown and his name will be written.
- Although it is preferable to present the child's Immunization Card, and the presentation of a relevant certificate from the child's Pediatrician can be accepted.
- Certificate of Attendance
- By the registration of students in the 1st grade of Primary School, it is necessary to present “Certificate of attendance” at a Public/Community/Private Kindergarten.
- For this reason, the Directors of Public Kindergartens should issue, before the start of January registrations, the relevant certificate (form DDE 29).
- Parents/guardians of students who attend Community or Private Kindergartens should obtain this certificate from the Directorate of the School where their child attends.
- In the event that it is established that a child is not attending an approved Kindergarten, they should:
< li>A copy of the Immunization Card or the relevant page of the Health Booklet should be presented regardless of whether the vaccinations have been done or not, that is, even if the relevant Card/page should be presented blank.
(a) parents/guardians immediately arrange to enroll their child in another Kindergarten, which is approved from Y.P.A.N. and
(b) to temporarily enroll the student in Grade 1, until the parents/guardians present a certificate of enrollment of their child in an approved Kindergarten.
- The lists of approved Community/Private Kindergartens are posted on the website of the Ministry of Education and Culture:
- It is noted that, during start of attendance in the 1st grade of Primary Schools, in September 2023, it will be necessary to present an official indicative attendance in the Pre-Primary grade from a Public/Community/approved Private Kindergarten.
- DDE Form 33< /b>
- Form Title:“Application for Transfer to a Primary School or Kindergarten (Compulsory Pre-Primary Education and Pre-Primary Class) of Another Area”
- This form is filled out only by the parents/guardians who wish their child enroll in a school other than that of their school district.
- No application for transfer will be considered unless it has first been the child's enrollment in the school of his educational district.
- It can be obtained from the school or from the website of the Ministry of Health: http://www.moec.gov.cy/dde/entipa.html.
- Transfer applications will be submitted by parents/guardians to schools in their school district during the registration period and are forwarded by the schools to the relevant E.G.P.
- Related form DDE 33.
- Transcriptions concerning reasons relocation and do not create new divisions or other problems at the school, are carried out during the registration period, by the Directorate of the School in which there is an intention to transfer the child, after presenting evidence that proves the movement/relocation of the parents/guardians. Parents/guardians take care in advance to obtain from the school they intend to transfer, through their children, the official birth certificate.
- Any parents/guardians present, for any reason, for registration/transfer of their child after January 18, 2023, they should be submitted to the relevant E.G.P. In these cases, parents/guardians can send the relevant form (DDE33) and other documents/certificates/excuses that they need to provide to justify their request, via fax or e-mail to the relevant E. G.P., without their physical presence.
- It is clarified that applications for registration/transfer to the relevant E.G.P. submitted only by parents/guardians of children of Primary and mandatory pre-primary age (48/12 – 6 years old) and not by parents/guardians of younger children.
7. PERIOD FOR EXAMINATION OF TRANSCRIPTION APPLICATIONS
- Examination of applications for transfer will take place between January 23 and February 3, 2023.
- There will be no further transfer review period.
- For approved or non-approved transfers, the relevant E.G.P. will inform the affected schools by letter, via fax, no later than February 10, 2023.
- The schools where the children were enrolled will inform the affected parents, in the period 13-17 February 2023, so that, within one week, they can get the documents from one school and register at the other school or make an objection, if they wish it.
- No pending registrations/transfers must remain after February 24, 2023.
- REGISTERATIONS OF CHILDREN AGES 3-48 /12 YEARS OLD IN PUBLIC KINDERGARTEN SCHOOLS
- Applications for enrollment in Public Kindergartens can also be submitted by children of a younger age 3 – 48/12 years old , i.e. all children born from January 1, 2019 until August 31, 2020.
- The submission of an application can be done in any kindergarten during the period 16-18 January 2023.
- The application is submitted on form DDE 30 “Application for enrollment in a Public/Public and Community Kindergarten for children aged 3 – 4 8/12 years”. The form is placed, together with the necessary documents/certificates, in a closed envelope. Then, the parents/guardians drop the envelope in the special box that will be located, for this purpose, in a protected area of the school.
- It is emphasized that in case the child is enrolled in Kindergarten outside his educational district, this does not guarantee his continued attendance at the same school when it will be compulsory pre-primary age (4 8/12 – 6 years old ), nor does it give any preference over other children when considering his potential application for transfer. For this reason, it is recommended that parents/guardians submit an application to the Kindergarten in their educational district, so that the child can continue his education in the same school.
- It is clarified that requests for transfer are not made by parents/guardians of children of this age.
- It is noted that children of this age group who will not succeed to secure a place at the kindergarten they applied for, they reserve the right to claim a place at another kindergarten that has vacancies. In this case, parents should attach to their new application the form “Not securing a place to attend a Public Kindergarten”, which will be sent to them by the kindergarten they originally applied for, so that their new application will be considered timely. in Public Kindergartens, it is done on the basis of approved criteria and depending on the age category in which each child falls: B΄ category: 4 – 4 8/12 years old (January 1st 2019 – August 31st 2019 ) and 3rd category: 3 – 4 years old (September 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020).
- The form DDE 30 can be obtained from the school or from the Y.P.A.N. website: http://www.moec.gov.cy/dde/entipa.html.
- DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICES CONTACT DETAILS
< table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
Nicosia Provincial Office of Education
Ministry of Education, Sports and Youth
Kimonos and Thucydido corner
Acropolis, 1434 Nicosia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
District Office of Education Limassol
Franklinou Roosevelt 126
Email Address: email@example.com
Provincial Office of Education of Larnaca-Ammochostos
65 Eleftherias Avenue
Akinomou Properties, 1st floor
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paphos Provincial Office of Education
New Paphos Provincial Government Offices, Building D