His job is extremely difficult, but Apollo has some chances to finish the season with a rare & # 8230; absolute.
We refer to the possibility of being first in four main categories: more wins, fewer defeats, more goals conceded and fewer goals conceded.
The above & # 8230; 4/4 we do not meet it often. On the contrary, out of the previous 13 champions that we had during the playoff season, only four managed to achieve it: Anorthosis in 2008 and APOEL in 2014, 2016 and 2017. In fact, only once (APOEL 2016) the champion was first in all categories without even being tied to another team in any of the four.
So, as far as our champion this year is concerned, at the moment he has three firsts, with “locked” two. It has the most victories, surpassing by two of APOEL (16 against 14) and the fewest defeats, surpassing by one of AEK (five against six). From there on, he also has an advantage in goals in favor, having scored 50, against 48 of Anorthosis and 47 of APOEL.
The sector in which Apollon is behind to make the 4/4 is the goals against, as it conceded 32, three more than AEK and Paphos (29). This means that in order to get this first (even with a “tie”) they will have to beat AEK 3-0 and Paphos will concede three goals from APOEL (or win 4-1 and Paphos will concede four goal).
It is worth noting that in none of his previous three championships did Apollo have the first place in all four categories. In 1991 he was behind in goals against (20, Anorthosis 14), in 1994 in defeats (three, Anorthosis one), in goals for (66, Anorthosis 67 and Omonia 77) and in goals against (23, Anorthosis 16 ), while in 2006 it was behind in the victories (19, Omonia 20) and in the goals against (24, Omonia 20 and APOEL 22).
– In 2007/08 Anorthosis was first in everything (same goal in favor of the second APOEL, 58).
– In 2008/09 APOEL had fewer goals in favor (62) from the second Omonia (70).
-In 2009/10 Omonia had more goals against (25) than the second APOEL (24) and the fourth Apollon (23).
– In 2010/11 APOEL had more defeats (6) than the second Omonia (5) and more goals against (22) than Omonia (19).
– In 2011/12 AEL had fewer goals in favor (37) than the second APOEL (46) and the third Omonia (56).
-In 2012/13 APOEL had more defeats (5) than the second Anorthosis (4) and fewer goals in favor (62) than the third Omonia (66).
-In 2013/14 APOEL was first in everything (same victories with the second AEL, 25 & # 8211; same defeats as the second AEL, 5).
– In 2014/15 APOEL had fewer victories (17) than the third Apollon (18) and fewer goals in favor (52) than the second AEK (256) and the third Apollon (59).
< p style = "text-align: justify;"> – In 2015/16 APOEL was first in everything.
– In 2016/17 APOEL was first in all (same defeats as the second AEK, 4).
– In 2017/18 APOEL had more goals by (35) than the second Apollon (26 ) and the third Anorthosis (29).
– In 2018/19 APOEL had more goals by (25) than the second AEK (23).
– In 2020/21 Omonia had fewer goals in favor (55) of the second Apollon (68) and the third AEL (58).