The president of the Community Council of Agios Ioannis Pitsilias, Michalis Ioakeim, speaking to politis.com.cy, referred extensively to all the projects that were carried out or planned in the village, while also making an account a few months before the end of his term.
Mr. Joachim referred to the community regulatory plan, emphasizing at the same time that the Community Council has built an integrated development strategy, which has two axes of action. The first is the upgrading of the quality of life of the inhabitants and the second is the promotion of the natural wealth of the area, creating the appropriate infrastructure for hosting alternative forms of tourism.
According to the action plan, a series of projects have been prepared and will be prepared. The flagship of this project is the concession of the Old Primary School to TEPAK for the creation of an international research center for the visual arts. Also, construction works are underway to regenerate the core of the community. The Museum of Folklore, Traditional Art and Cultural Heritage, the Nature Trail, the upgrade of the Community Stadium, the reconstruction of a traditional olive mill and much more await the completion of a study.
The report on the work of the Council
Then Mr. Joachim told us a series of important projects, which have given the perspective for development and prosperity of the village.
- Separation of sixteen plots which are granted to young couples for permanent residence.
- Release of several areas with construction of roads, expansion of the EAC and Water Supply network, which aim to give the owners the opportunity to use their plots for housing.
- The community swimming pool with recreation areas
- Upgrade of the picnic area, in 2011 and 2020
- Creation of a nature study path (Agios Georgios)
- Construction of two points of view on the main road of Limassol
- Landscaping of playground, basketball court, football and parking lots
- Asphalting and widening of roads
- Upgrading and configuration of event spaces.
- New community services building and part of Central Square (Community Clinic, Library, Information Center, storage areas.)
- Expansion of the sewerage network.
- Reconstruction of a road (Bridge) for the protection of the Monument Church of the Archangel Michael.
- Landscaping of the core
Agrotourism in the community
Finally, Mr. Joachim spoke to us about the impetus given by the infrastructure projects and events of recent years to create agritourism accommodation in Agios Ioannis Pitsilias. “For financial assistance, those interested can use the agritourism projects provided by the state. “Recently, we had a meeting in our community with the Deputy Minister of Tourism and the Commissioner for Mountain Communities, who showed interest in contributing to our efforts,” he added.
Catering, gatherings, SMS, curfew and schools – What relaxations are considered and when
The prevailing scenario for the return of all students to schools