Five hundred and fourteen (514) doctors of the public and private sector were included yesterday in the list of specialties of GESS. The vast majority of doctors come from the public health sector. “The existing problem was expected, but it will be solved soon,” said Health Minister Konstantinos Ioannou, informing the parliamentary Health Committee about the implementation of the GESS. He estimated that there would be an increased flow of specialist doctors in July, as “the first medical payments will be made and there will be increased pressure from beneficiaries on their doctors to join”. Today “P” presents the catalogs of ophthalmology, otolaryngology, radiodiagnostics-radiology, nephrology, plastic surgery, pulmonology. It should be noted that the general list of GESY specialists is updated on a daily basis.
- Ophthalmology: The list of GESS yesterday included a total of 17 doctors, of which 4 come from the private health sector (1 in Nicosia, 1 in Limassol, 1 in Paphos, 1 in Famagusta). Regarding the ophthalmologists of the public health sector, 6 ophthalmologists are employed in Makareio Hospital, 2 in Limassol Hospital, 2 in Larnaca Hospital, 1 in Famagusta Hospital and also in Paphos Hospital.
- Otolaryngology: Thirteen otolaryngologists have officially joined the list of GESS. The 4 come from the private health sector (2 from Nicosia, 1 from Limassol, 1 from Famagusta). The General Hospital of Nicosia, 1 of the General Hospital of Limassol, 3 of the Hospital of Larnaca and 1 of the Hospital of Paphos will offer services to GESS.
- Radiodiagnostics – radiology: Until yesterday the list of radiologists included 42 doctors, of which 12 will offer their services through the radiodiagnostic centers that have been contracted with GESS (Evangelismos Center – Polis Chrysochous, Alpha Evrisos, Agos) Agos .
- Nephrology: In the list of nephrologists yesterday, there were 22 registered doctors. One from the private sector (Nicosia) and 21 from the public health sector (11 of the Nicosia General Hospital, 4 of the Limassol General Hospital, 4 of the Larnaca Hospital, 2 of the Paphos Hospital).
- Plastic surgery: So far, 2 doctors from the Nicosia Hospital and an individual from Larnaca have joined the GESS.
- Pulmonology: Twenty-four (24) doctors in total who were on the list of pulmonologists yesterday. One from the private sector (Nicosia) as well as 11 doctors of the Nicosia Hospital, 6 of the Limassol Hospital, 4 of the Larnaca Hospital, 1 of the Kyperounta Hospital and 1 of the Paphos Hospital.