The sports fans in the above photos, like thousands of others, went to the “Alphamega” stadium for the big Apollon-AEL derby with smiles and hope.
Hoping that everything would go smoothly. That the hooligans would not find a way to spoil the celebration once again. That the Police, who were tacitly prepared knowing the enormous risk of incidents, would succeed this time in controlling them. All the more so since other incidents recently preceded it and it was decided… to tighten the measures.
Thus, the fans of photography and with them many others believed that they would enjoy the very important match of their favorite team against the may the end find her victorious and celebrate a hugely important qualification.
But they made a big mistake. Their optimism that everything would go smoothly turned out to be wrong. Their hopes for a beautiful evening, in the magnificent new stadium, turned out to be false. And they left the field disappointed. And terribly betrayed. Not from the hooligans, clearly. They managed this just fine and did their “job”. Betrayed by the state and the Police. Because the few are still allowed to spoil the sport for the many and kick them out of the stadiums.
- Apollon-AEL: The episodes started early, rockets outside “Alphamega”
- Destruction at “Alphamega” – Exchange of flares in the stands, delay in the start
- PHOTOS: Shocking images from 'Alphamega', children terrified
- All set for kick-off but referees left again !
- Final: Apollon-AEL is postponed
- Apollon-AEL: What does the announcement of the cup say
- Apollon: “After a political decision, the match did not start…”
- Intervention by Christodoulidis on the incidents at Apollon-AEL