The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 4, 2021:
- Two people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 133.
- 180 COVID-19 patients are being treated, of which 51 are in serious condition.
- A total of 13,495 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 665 new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 24,639 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The two people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- An 88-year-old man with underlying diseases, who was treated at the Limassol General Hospital.
- A 73-year-old man with underlying diseases, who was treated at the General Hospital of Famagusta.
Thus, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 133, of which:
- 89 men (67%), and
- 44 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 80 years.
In total, 180 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 51 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 51 patients who are critical, 22 are intubated, eight are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 21 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (65 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||30 (8 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||8|
|Intensive Care Unit||9|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 ( PCR test and rapid antigen test ) :
Of the 13,495 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,642 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 10,853 by the antigen rapid test, 665 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 204 cases from 907 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 4 cases of 737 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 2 cases from 186 samples taken as part of a re-examination carried out on the 7th day after the arrival of persons who have returned from the United Kingdom and are in a mandatory restriction in hotels in the Republic.
- 46 cases from 509 samples taken through private initiative.
- 45 cases from 283 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 364 cases from 10,853 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 20 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Positiveness rate:||4.95 %|
|Larnaca||Central area – Point A.||552||39|
|Central area – Point B.||307||6|
|Positiveness rate:||4.72 %|
|Strovolos – Point A.||717||16|
|Strovolos – Point B.||758||23|
|Positiveness rate:||2, 56 %|
|Positiveness rate:||1, 44 %|
|Positiveness rate:||1.93 %|
|Retirement Homes / Roofs||Nicosia||250||8|
|Public and Wider Public Sector||Departments and Services of Public and Wider Public Sector, Local Government||319|
Like Loading …